A wonderful Herb
For thousands of years Ganoderma has been considered by the Chinese to be a high quality herbal medicine. The so-called ‘A-one Medicine’ is the best medicine which does not have any side effects, even after using it for a long time. It can improve one’s constitution, increase the body’s healing ability to help maintain a healthy body, and have a long life.
Wild Ganoderma is very rare and is difficult to collect. Even if someone finds it by chance, its effects are always lost because of aging. It becomes hard like leather. They may also be toxic. Since they are haphazardly collected, quality control is impossible.
In 1970, a technician of Kyoto University Foodstuff Scientific Research Institute. Mr. Yukio Naci, used, ‘Spore Separation Cultivation Method’ to successfully cultivate Ganoderma. This method was introduced in the Republic of China in 1975. Since the climate, and soil conditions are ideal, this technique has been widely adopted.
The magic effects of ganoderma:
Ganoderma has always been shrouded with a mysterious curtain for more than a thousand years. People only know ‘‘Ganodermas can keep one young and give one a long life if taken continuously”, but no one had ever scientifically investigated why it is so effective.
Under the attentive research done by both Chinese and foreign scholars in recent years, and the cooperative analysis and clinical experiments done by hospitals, colleges, and pharmaceutical manufacturers, its extensive efficacy has finally been discovered. It is a hemocatheresis, detoxicant, diuretic, liver protector, intestine regulator, cardiotonic, blood pressure adjustor, a cold tonic, antitussive and expectorant, a tranquilliser and anti-tumour drug.
Important components of Ganoderma:
- Organic Germanium (Ge): Can increase the oxygen absorbed by the blood up to 1.5 times: can promote metabolism: prevent tissue degeneration. According to the research of Dr Kazuhiko Asai, Ganoderma contains 800 - 2000 p.p.m. of germanium. This is 4-6 times more than ginseng.
- Polysaccharides: These can improve the body’s immune system, eliminate viruses. Japanese pharmaceutical companies have refined it to medical quality and it has been approved by the Koseisho Health Department in Japan for insurance medicine.
- Its bitter taste. It is under constant study by the Japanese medical and pharmaceutical fields. The efficacy is a result of the interrelation of germanium and polysaccharides. Some plants may contain one or the other, but Ganoderma is much more effective. The combination of components is different from other plants and all of the components must be preserved to insure efficiency.
Medical Principles of Ganoderma:
According to Dr Shigeru Yuji’s clinical experiments, the reason Ganoderma is effective is because of its basic functions.
- Lowers cholesterol in the blood and the amount of free fat.
- Reduces blood sugar level; to restore pancreas functions.
- Lowers blood lipids and stabilizes red cell membrane.
- Due to Ganoderma containing Adenosine, it can lower platelet angulation, and lyses thrombi and prevent thrombogenesis.
- Improves the function of the cortex of the adrenal glands to maintain endocrine balance.
- Elevates the natural healing ability of the body, allows the body to establish a strong immune system.
- Prevents tissue cell degeneration.
- MPrevents senility, maintaining a youthful constitution.
- Lowers the side effects of antihypertensive drugs.
- Prevents organ degeneration.
- Prevents allergy caused by antigens, because it inhibits the histamine releasing mast cell.
- Prevents and treats cancer and inhibits cancer cell metastasis.
- Normalizes to prevent tissue degeneration.
- Prevents sudden death of cancer patients caused by embolism.
- Inhibits thrombogenesis and lyses thrombi on the wall of surrounding tissues and removes blockade of cancer medication, increases these drugs’ effectiveness.
- Relieves pain caused by cancer.